Why do you need me?
- To assist with the recruitment of participants for our upcoming events including the World's Biggest Coffee Morning
- To offer high quality care to those who are taking part: donor care calls, organisational planning, and on-the-day help and support
- To approach local businesses, press and services to arrange and publicise the event
What activities can I be involved in?
- All aspects of putting on an event!
- Collecting information and creating news releases and publicity
- Researching event venues, local groups and extra fundraising opportunities
- Donor care for all participants
- Planning and organising the event
- On-the-day support, including getting involved with the public as a Macmillan representative
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- An interest in fundraising
- Interest in cancer care and the work of Macmillan
What are the goals?
- To help the fundraising team increase fundraising effectiveness of our events in terms of money raised and good publicity for Macmillan
- To help the fundraising team maximise fundraising potential within the local community
- To form links with participants and fully support them throughout the events
- To ensure the events run smoothly and are enjoyable for all involved!
- What days of the week/time would you need me?
- We would like you to commit any free time you have and certainly the days surrounding the event
Where will I be based?
You will be based at home with regular contact from the local Macmillan team.
What are the benefits to me?
- Helping to make a difference to local people with cancer by assisting the fundraising team to raise more money to fund Macmillan services
- Meeting and working with new people
- Gaining experience in charity sector
- Good experience of events
What are the benefits to people who are supported by Macmillan Cancer Support?
- The more people we recruit for events, the more money we can raise which all pays for our cancer care services
- The more people who area aware of our events and take part, the more awareness is raised about Macmillan and how we can help
- Many of the people who take part in events have personal reasons for doing so; they want to raise money for our charity and your support will really mean a lot to them
- We can reach more and more people helping us to achieve our ambition of reaching everyone affected by cancer by 2010
Will my expenses be paid?
We pay volunteers' "out-of-pocket" expenses within agreed guidelines. Please contact us if you would like further information on expenses.
What's the next step?
We need you to fill out a volunteer application form [pdf 40kb] and send it to:
Gillian Wilson on 01624 614315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org