Donor Care Caller
Why do you need me?
Local Macmillan fundraising offices contact their supporters to ensure that they have the information, advice, and materials they need to conduct their fundraising activities. This work can be sporadic, with larger volumes of calls in the lead up to national campaigns, such as the World's Biggest Coffee Morning in September.
What activities could I be involved in?
- Working from printed or computerised lists
- Telephoning supporters to check that they have the information, advice, and materials they require
- Sending out materials as needed
- Providing advice, if trained, in the relevant area or referring on in all other cases
- Listening for opportunities for additional/increased support
- Ensuring the supporter has a positive experience of raising funds for Macmillan
- Updating records
Is there an induction and training?
You will receive an induction when you start. We will provide any training you need to complete the role.
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Ability to organise your work
- Skills in listening to and building up a rapport with people on the telephone
- Awareness of the limits of your knowledge and never advising outside this
- Understanding of the issues in representing Macmillan Cancer Support to the public
What are the goals?
- To work through the list of calls
- To ensure that donors have a positive experience of supporting Macmillan
- To ensure that donors have the information, advice, and materials they require
- To know how to pass on offers of additional help
How much time should I offer?
The role requires a minimum of half a day a week during busy times. The number of calls required fluctuates over the year so there will be periods when we will not need you for this role.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at home with regular contact from the local Macmillan team.
What are the benefits to me?
- Developing your communication skills
- Supporting Macmillan's donors
- Assisting the fundraising team to raise money to provide services to people affected by cancer
- Being part of a team
- Developing your CV
What are the benefits to people who are supported by Macmillan Cancer Support?
- The people you contact have a positive experience of raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support
- The monies you help donors to raise can be channelled into developing our services for people affected by cancer
- The fundraising team is freed up to focus their efforts on other activities
Will my expenses be paid?
We pay volunteers' "out-of-pocket" expenses within agreed guidelines. Please contact us if you would like further information on expenses.
What's the next step?
To find out more please contact Gillian Wilson on 01624 614315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org