Why do you need me?
To assist and support the fundraising team with administration needs.
What activities can I be involved in?
- Compiling and preparing fundraising packs and mailings for events
- Thanking supporters and donor care by letter, email or telephone
- Collecting information for news releases and publicity
- Researching event venues, local groups and fundraising opportunities
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Good communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- An interest in charity or cancer care and the services that Macmillan provides
What are the goals?
- To provide administrative support for the fundraising team
- To assist the fundraising team in delivering excellent care and support to groups, businesses and individuals taking part in events for Macmillan
- To help the fundraising team maximise fundraising potential within the local community
What days of the week/time do you need me?
We would like you to commit to at least day a week.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at home with regular contact from the local Macmillan team.
What are the benefits to me?
- Meeting and working with new people
- Learning new skills whilst having fun!
- Gain new administrative skills
- Gain experience in charity sector and fundraising
What are the benefits to people who are supported by Macmillan Cancer Support?
- The fundraising team can focus their efforts on raising more money to provide services to support people affected by cancer
- The people you meet and interact with have a good impression of Macmillan and understand what we do
- We can reach more and more people helping us to achieve our ambition of reaching everyone affected by cancer by 2010
- Many of the people who support us have personal reasons for doing so; they want to raise money for our charity and your support will really mean a lot to them
What ongoing support/guidance will there be?
- Guidance and leadership from the local fundraising team
- The opportunity to meet other volunteers
Will my expenses be paid?
We pay volunteers' "out-of-pocket" expenses within agreed guidelines. Please contact us if you would like further information on expenses.
What's the next step?
We need you to fill out a volunteer application form [pdf 40kb] and send it to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Gillian Wilson on 01624 614315.