Macmillan improves the lives of people affected by cancer locally. We provide practical, medical, emotional and financial support and push for better cancer care. Cancer affects us all. We can all help. We are Macmillan in Hampshire.
How to reach us
For fundraising support and information you can contact the Fundraising Support Team.
Opening hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Call 0300 1000 200
How to donate to Macmillan
Pay in online.
Send a cheque to the Freepost address:
Macmillan Cancer Support
87-90 Albert Embankment
Pay directly into the bank. Contact the Fundraising Support Team for how to do this and more information on how to donate to Macmillan.
More than 5,800 people are diagnosed with cancer in Hampshire every year and they need treatment and support. Find out more.
There are currently no events listed. Please contact your local fundraising office.
There is currently no local news.
Our organisation was started by a volunteer nearly one hundred years ago, and today they’re still at the very heart of everything we do. Join us and together we can make a difference.
Find the latest volunteering opportunities near to you on our volunteer pages.
Find out more about Macmillan in Hampshire
Every day 26 people in Hampshire hear the news they have cancer. The number of people living with cancer in Hampshire is set to double between 2010 and 2030. We need you to help us take action now so that local people living with and after cancer are not left feeling isolated and alone.
We are a source of support
We are a source of support, helping with all the things that people affected by cancer want and need. We provide practical, emotional and financial support. It is not only the people who are diagnosed who live with cancer, it is the carers, families and communities. We guide people through the system, supporting them every step of the way. We fund nurses and other specialist health care professionals and build cancer care centres.
We are a force for change
We are a force for change, listening to people affected by cancer and working together to improve cancer care. People who live with cancer are experts by experience. Together we use this knowledge to make a positive difference to the lives of people affected by cancer. This could be anything from getting a coffee machine installed in a waiting room, to bringing about changes in the law.
We fight discrimination – from challenging unfair travel costs and insurance policies to improving the national benefits system. Together we challenge the status quo, we push for change and we lead the way.
We are Macmillan Cancer Support
We believe we can all help. We can raise money, through marathons, coffee mornings, street collections, sponsored events. We can give our time – at cancer care centres, events, and fundraising groups. We can share experiences, online, in the media and with each other.
If you have questions about cancer, call the Macmillan Support Line free on 0808 808 0000 or visit macmillan.org.uk.
What's happening in Hampshire?
As treatments improve the total number of people living with cancer in Hampshire by 2030 will be enough people to fill a stadium 4 times.
Macmillan Services set up to support people affected by cancer...
Macmillan Information and Support Centres at the Southampton General Hospital and the Queen Alexandra Hospital which provide complimentary treatments, advice and information and volunteers to lend a listening ear.
- Over 100 professionals working in clinical environments and the community. These include; dieticians, lead cancer nurses, individual cancer specialists, community outreach and palliative care nurses, benefits advisers, information specialists and more.
- Macmillan Funded GP sessions for GPs focusing on cancer related issues of detection/survivorship/palliative care in the community to improve best practice, services and understanding.
- Pan Hants Citizens Advice Service offering tailored benefits advice across the county working out of Information centres, Citizen Advice Centres and visiting people in the community at a time and location that suits their needs.
- Macmillan grants totalling £101,019 were given to 396 people in Hampshire in 2012 to help with heating, travel and hospital parking charges.
- Macmillan Library Projectgives easy access to information which is available at all Southampton and Portsmouth libraries.
- The Lymington Oakhaven Acorn Project facilitates school visits to Oakhaven hospice every 2 weeks in a two way enrichment programme.
- Visits from a Mobile Information Unit each year to key locations across Hampshire who provide a drop in information service to try and make our services as accessible as possible.
96% of Macmillan’s income comes from fundraising – we couldn’t do the valuable work we do without people and organisations like you. Thank you for choosing Macmillan Cancer Support.
If you have questions about cancer, call the Macmillan Support Line free on 0808 808 0000 or visit macmillan.org.uk