When does the trip take place? Back to top
The challenge takes place on Saturday 27 July 2013.
What do I have to do to take part? Back to top
You'll need to pay the £30 registration fee at the point of registration. We then simply ask you to pledge to raise at least £175 for Macmillan to help us continue to support people affected by cancer.
How will my sponsorship help?Back to top
- £333 could pay for a Macmillan Grant that helps a family affected by cancer take a holiday and enjoy precious time together.
- £191 could pay for a Macmillan nurse for a day, helping people living with cancer and their families receive essential medical, practical and emotional support.
- £56 could pay for a Macmillan Grant that buys a liquidiser for someone who can't eat solid food as a result of their cancer or treatment.
- £25 could pay for a person to receive quality information and support through one of our Mobile Macmillan Cancer Information Centres.
- Full support from Team Macmillan in the lead up to the event, including comprehensive fundraising and training guides, sponsor forms and newsletters
- Complimentary Macmillan T-shirt to train in and wear during the event
- Full support with experienced leaders from Discover Adventure
- Marshalling stops with water and snacks
- Packed lunch
- Finishers medal
- Optional morning transfer to start point
- Macmillan Cancer Support representative
- Personal insurance (optional)
- Any parking fees or transport costs
- Accommodation if required
What sort of person takes part? Back to top
The group will be made up of around 100 men and women, from all backgrounds, abilities and ages (although you must be 18 or over to take part). While some take part with friends, most people come on their own, so it’s a great way of meeting new people.
Do I have to carry a lot of kit? Back to top
You will need a day pack (25-35L recommended) to hold any equipment needed during the hike. For example, an extra fleece, wet weather gear, drinks, packed lunch, camera etc.
This is a very tough endurance challenge so you will need a reasonable level of fitness to complete the walk. You must be prepared to commit the time for training which should include off road distance walking. The fitter you are the more enjoyable you find the challenge (and the quicker you will finish). A comprehensive training guide will be provided to help you with your preparation.
We estimate that most people will complete the challenge in 10- 14 hours.
It will also be possible to finish the walk at the half marathon mark.
Do I need to meet any medical requirements? Back to top
Everyone on the challenge is required to complete a self-certified medical questionnaire which will be provided in your fundraising pack.
Can I bring someone with me who is not a fundraiser?Back to top
We are afraid not. This challenge is solely organised for the purpose of raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Are there any other dates?Back to top
This is Macmillan's only Hadrian's Wall Trekathon. However we are running a Stonehenge to Avebury Trekathon on Saturday 10 August 2013.
Who organises the event? Back to top
The event is conceived and operated by Discover Adventure Ltd, ATOL 5636, whose booking conditions apply.
If you have any more questions, please contact us on 0207 840 7887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org