Whilst the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some gambling can become a problem. It may help you to keep control to remember the following:
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and amount you spend gambling
- If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then contact GamCare.
GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. GamCare can be contacted confidential helpline on 0845 6000 133 (local rate from UK) where trained counsellors are available to help with any concerns you may have on your on behalf or on behalf of family or friends, or you can visit their website for further information.
Macmillan Cancer Support is committed to responsible gambling.
About the Macmillan Lottery
The Macmillan Lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
Promoter: Macmillan Cancer Support, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7UQ.
Responsible Person: Michael Dent
All profits from the Macmillan Lottery will be used to provide practical, medical and financial support and push for better cancer care.
Registered Charity Number: Registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SCO39907) and the Isle of Man (604).
Terms and conditions
1) Your purchase of Macmillan Lottery entries is from Macmillan Cancer Support (“The Promoter”), solely in accordance with the terms under which the Charity from time to time promotes its lotteries.
2) All proceeds from the Lottery go to Macmillan Cancer Support (Registered office address: Macmillan Cancer Support, 89 Albert Embankment, London. SE1 7UQ. Registered Charity No.: 261017).
3) You represent and agree that;
a) You are 16 years of age or over.
b) You are a resident of Great Britain
c) You will not buy or purport to buy an entry to this lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 16.
d) You will provide accurate entry information, including your name, personal address and telephone number and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise.
4) You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under paragraphs 3 (a), (b) and (c) above.
5) You accept that the Macmillan Lottery is regulated by the Gambling Commission and that in certain circumstances we may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your lottery entries.
6) The prizes for the Macmillan Lottery are printed on the leaflets provided and are advertised on the Macmillan website www.macmillan.org.uk. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 14 days. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure.
7) The cost of each entry is £1 per play. Members may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted.
8) The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme.
9) The Promoter will conduct the weekly lottery draw every Friday. The draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
10) The winning numbers will be on the Macmillan website www.macmillan.org.uk and will be available via the Macmillan Lottery Office helpline from the following working day. Please telephone 01524 751201 (Monday-Friday 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m).
11) No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication.
12) The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
13) The Promoter operates a Complaints And Disputes Procedure which is available via the Macmillan website www.macmillan.org.uk and which will also be made available to customers upon request.
14) Macmillan is committed to ensure that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to our Responsible Gambling Guide which is available via the Macmillan website www.macmillan.org.uk, or request further information via the Lottery Helpline on 01524 751201.
15) Any cancellation of an existing subscription will not affect your prior purchase of Lottery entries nor your rights as a holder of such entries, providing that you have complied with the foregoing obligations.
16) The Promoter’s decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
You can learn more from our responsible gambling policy.
Click document name to download