References for brain tumours information
The information in the brain tumours information is based on our booklet, Understanding brain tumours, which was produced in accordance with the following sources and guidelines:
- Antiepileptic drugs for preventing seizures in people with brain tumors. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2008. Issue 2. Art. No: CD004424. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD004424.pub2
- Carmustine implants and temozolomide for the treatment of newly diagnosed high-grade glioma. June 2007. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
- Carmustine implant (Gliadel®). December 2005. Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC).
- DeVita, Hellman, Rosenberg. Cancer Principles & Practice of Oncology. 8th edition. 2008.
- Improving Outcomes for People with Brain and Other CNS Tumours: The Manual. June 2006. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
- Louise D et al. WHO Classification of Tumours of the Central Nervous System. IARC Press. Lyon 2007.
- Schiff D et al. Classification of brain tumors. UpToDate (accessed October 2010).
- Souhami R et al. The Oxford Textbook of Oncology. 2002. Oxford University Press.
- Temozolomide capsules (Temodal®) in newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme. December 2006. Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC).
- Wong E et al. Clinical presentation and diagnosis of brain tumors. UpToDate (accessed November 2010).