20 January 2015
New urban assault course events coming to central locations in London, Glasgow, Manchester & Bristol
Inmotion Sport and Macmillan Cancer Support have today announced the launch of Adrenaline Rush, a new series of high voltage, non-stop, energy-packed obstacle races. The events, which will be taking place at iconic city locations across the UK throughout the summer of 2015, will see 25% of the entry fee go to Macmillan, to help ensure no-one faces cancer alone.
Entry to Adrenaline Rush starts at just £35*and those who sign up can expect to have their strength, stamina and mental resolve pushed to the limit. With 5km or 10km courses available, and the option of entering a four-person team, there is something for every fitness level. Each event will include:
• mud pits and trenches
• water pits and chutes
• ramp walks and jumps
• dodging flour and water bombs
• plank walks and rope crawls
• trapezes and bungees
• an ice bucket challenge
John Gladwin, Director at Inmotion Sport and 1500m Commonwealth games silver medallist, said: “Entrants to the Adrenaline Rush events are going to have a lot of fun. We’ve worked with fitness and obstacle experts to design a unique course which includes everything from mud pits to flour bombs, not forgetting Adrenaline Rush’s ‘Signature Obstacles’ which include The Leap of Faith and The Fires of Hell. But don’t worry, you don’t need to be Mo Farah to complete it! The course is suitable for all fitness levels. I would urge people who love a physical challenge and a great day out to get involved and support a very worthy cause in the process.”
Events will take place in easy, accessible and central locations, with the below four events currently scheduled from May – August this year:
• London, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – Saturday 30th May 2015
• Glasgow, Pollok Park – Saturday 25th July 2015
• Manchester, Heaton Park – Saturday 1st August 2015
• Bristol, Ashton Court Estate – Saturday 15th August 2015
Joe McDermott, from Macmillan, said: “Macmillan Cancer Support is delighted to have partnered with Inmotion Sport to set up Adrenaline Rush. Although fundraising is not compulsory for this event, every additional pound raised will help us reach more people affected by cancer.”
Entry to Adrenaline Rush starts at just £35* and can be booked online by visiting www.theadrenalinerush.com.
Join in the conversation: @GetYourRushAR / www.facebook.com/theadrush
Notes to Editors
*until 31st January 2015 for 5km event.
For more information or to arrange an interview with John Gladwin please contact:
07810 510 060
About Adrenaline Rush:
• Adrenaline Rush will be staged in 2015 across four different cities: London (30th May), Glasgow (25th July), Manchester (1st August), Bristol (15th August)
• Price for entry starts from £35 (5km) and £42 (10km) until 31st Jan 2015
• 25% of every entry fee goes directly to Macmillan Cancer Support
• There are two distances – 5km and 10km
• Minimum age for entry is 17 years
• Entry at each event is capped at 3,000 places
• Entrants can take part as an individual or as part of a team of four
• Start times begin at 1100
• Every entrant receives a technical finishers t-shirt and medal
• Each event will include on-site emergency medics, a large event village and refreshments.
• The venues will determine what obstacles we are allowed to bring so obstacles and challenges might well vary from venue to venue
About Macmillan Cancer Support:
When you have cancer, you don’t just worry about what will happen to your body, you worry about what will happen to your life. Whether it’s concerns about who you can talk to, planning for the extra costs or what to do about work, at Macmillan we understand how a cancer diagnosis can take over everything.
That’s why we’re here. We provide support that helps people take back control of their lives. But right now, we can’t reach everyone who needs us. We need your help to make sure that people affected by cancer get the support they need to face the toughest fight of their life. No one should face cancer alone, and with your support no one will.
To get involved, call 0300 1000 200 today. And please remember, we’re here for you too. If you’d like support, information or just to chat, call us free on 0808 808 00 00 (Monday to Friday, 9am–8pm) or visit macmillan.org.uk