22 January 2016
What? Urban obstacle race series Adrenaline Rush
Where and when? London, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - 21st May
Birmingham, Senneleys Park - 4th June
Glasgow, Pollok Park - 9th July
West London, Kempton Park - 16th July
Leeds, Harewood House - 30th July
Manchester, Heaton Park - 6th August
Bristol, Blaise Castle - 13th August
Brighton, Stanmer Park - 20th August
Macmillan Cancer Support and Inmotion Sport are delighted to announce the return of urban obstacle race series Adrenaline Rush this summer. Now with events taking place in eight city locations across the UK, 35% of all entrance fees go to Macmillan to help ensure that no one faces cancer alone.
With a minimum of 20 obstacles in each race - featuring everything from assault course favourites such as Vault Walls and the Barbed Wire Crawl, to challenges including the Everest Slide and Adrenaline Rush’s signature Leap Of Faith - entrants are guaranteed to have their strength, stamina and mental resolve put to the test at every turn. Adrenaline Rush 2016 obstacles include:
• Wet and muddy – mud pits, water crawls, giant slides
• Hot and sweaty – vault walls, net climbs, plank walks
• Down and dirty – dark tunnels, barbed-wire crawls, rope mazes
• High and dry – log balances, trapeze swings, zip wires
• A guaranteed Adrenaline Rush – gunge tank, Gladiators, Leap Of Faith
• And much, much more...
Participants have the choice of either a 5k or a 10k course meaning the event is suitable for all abilities. There is also the opportunity for people to complete the course as an individual or as part of a team.
Entrance fees start at £30 but rise closer to the event and discounts are available for group entries. For more information or to sign-up visit www.theadrenalinerush.com
Join in the conversation: @GetYourRushAR / www.facebook.com/theadrush
Notes to Editors
For further information, please contact:
Media and PR Officer (Fundraising), Macmillan Cancer Support
Direct Dial: 0207 840 4974
Out of Hours Press Office: 07801 307 068
About Adrenaline Rush:
• Adrenaline Rush will be staged in eight easily-accessible city locations across the UK: London (21st May), Birmingham (4th June), Glasgow (9th July), West London (16th July), Leeds (30th July), Manchester (6th August), Bristol (13th August) and Brighton (20th August)
• Entries start at £30 (5km) and £35 (10km) for each person entering as part of a team and £35 (5km) and £40 (10km) for individuals
• 35% of every entry fee goes directly to Macmillan Cancer Support
• There are two distances – 5km and 10km
• Minimum age for entry is 17 years
• Entry at each event is capped at 3,000 places
• Entrants can take part as an individual or as part of a team
• Start times begin at 0930
• Every entrant receives a technical finishers t-shirt and medal
• Each event will include on-site emergency medics, a large event village and refreshments.
• The venues will determine what obstacles we are allowed to bring so obstacles and challenges might well vary from venue to venue
About Macmillan Cancer Support:
When you have cancer, you don’t just worry about what will happen to your body, you worry about what will happen to your life. At Macmillan, we know how a cancer diagnosis can affect everything and we’re here to support you through. From help with money worries and advice about work, to someone who’ll listen if you just want to talk, we’ll be there. We’ll help you make the choices you need to take back control, so you can start to feel like yourself again.
No one should face cancer alone. For support, information or if you just want to chat, call us free on 0808 808 00 00 (Monday to Friday, 9am–8pm) or visit macmillan.org.uk.