Learning and development opportunities and grants
Learning and development events
Macmillan offer a range of events and workshops to support your development that include:
- An annual national event for Macmillan professionals.
- An induction day for all new professionals.
- A one-day regional workshop called Setting Out. This focuses on developing and improving cancer services
- Regional and national learning and development programmes led by local Learning and Development teams.
Check the events calendar on Learn Zone for information about upcoming events.
Learning and development grants
You can find out more about learning and development grants on our grants page.
Alternatively, please visit the Learning & Development Grants website.
Learning and development opportunities for people affected by cancer
We offer a wide range of learning opportunities for people affected by cancer that can benefit your patients and those around them.
These include courses that focus on:
- supported self-management – helping people to develop skills such as relaxation techniques to improve their quality of life
- supporting others – helping people to develop skills such as listening and responding techniques so they can support others affected by cancer
- user involvement – showing people how they can use their cancer experience to improve cancer services on a local and national scale.