Learning and development grants
The learning will change how we assess new patients and has given me strategies to deal with some patients we have been struggling with.
We understand continuing professional development plays a vital part in maintaining the expertise and high standards of Macmillan professionals.
To support this development, Macmillan provides two grants for individual professionals and teams.
The new Learning and Development Grants Application System is a much simpler process and will enable you to manage all your grant applications in one place. Benefits include:
- easy to apply for individual and group grants
- view details of all your applications
- easy to update your profile if your details change.
Find out more about individual and group grants on the Learning & Development Grants website.
Service improvement grants
Macmillan has refreshed its Service Improvement Grant programme (formerly known as the Service Support Grant) for Macmillan professionals. Key changes to the Service Improvement Grant programme are:
- It is open to services needing items of equipment or resources that ‘enhance the experience of people affected by cancer and improve the service delivery’
- The maximum grant amount is now £1,000 for an individual and £5,000 for a group grant
- Only adopted or out-of-funding services are eligible
If you are interested in applying, please discuss your potential application with your local Macmillan Development Manager in the first instance, and then email one of the addresses below for further details.