The inquiry focuses on the progress made since the publication of the England Cancer Strategy. It aims to provide recommendations to Government and NHS England to shape the implementation of the delivery of the Cancer Strategy in future years.
The inquiry received written submissions from a range of stakeholders on the following terms of reference:
- What progress has been made in implementing the Cancer Strategy? Is progress happening at a pace which will enable successful delivery of the Strategy against the timescales set out in the Taskforce’s report?
- What needs to be in place to ensure successful delivery of the Cancer Strategy? Are these structures and systems being established effectively and/or at the necessary pace - particularly when it comes to rarer cancers?
- What are the key challenges in implementing the Cancer Strategy, and how well are these being addressed?
- What should the priorities be for the Cancer Transformation Board and the National Cancer Advisory Group in the next 12 months with regards to delivering the Cancer Strategy?
- Has sufficient funding been allocated and made available for delivery of the Strategy?
- What mechanisms are in place to involve patients in the delivery of the Strategy, and how effective have these been during the first year?