Browser does not support script.
Skip to main content
Macmillan offers a range of free courses, workshops and e-learning for people affected by cancer including carers, family members. volunteers and community members. Our aim is to help bring together people who are just like you to learn and share with each other so that everyone can get more out of life.
Cancer may have led you to feeling that you don’t have as much control over your life as you would like. Our helping yourself courses, workshops and e-learning can help you develop the confidence and skills to improve your quality of life.
The helping yourself courses will help you to:
• Find out about ways to help improve your health and wellbeing
• Learn how to make long and short-term plans that give you more direction
• Meet and chat with people who have had a similar experience to you
Find out more about helping yourself on the Learn Zone|.
Supporting those around you who are affected by cancer through volunteering, self-help and support groups as well as caring for loved ones can bring great rewards, both to you and the people you support. Our supporting others courses, workshops and e-learning can help you, whether you’re a carer, volunteer, family member or part of a community to provide the best support possible.
The supporting others courses can help you to:
• Improve your listening and responding skills so that you can support people affected by cancer effectively
• Learn how to run a vibrant and productive self-help and support group
• Support the family and friends of people living with cancer
Find out more about supporting others on the Learn Zone.|
If you’ve been affected by cancer, your experience may have inspired you to take action and make a really positive difference. Our getting involved courses, workshops and e-learning can help turn your experience into something that improves cancer services for so many other people.
The getting involved courses will help you to:
• Find out how you can use your experience to improve cancer services
• Learn more about how the NHS and social care services work
• Be better equipped to take part in research that focuses on cancer and cancer services
Find out more about getting involved on the Learn Zone|.
Sign up for our free courses and workshops or access our e-learning and much more at the Learn Zone|.
For answers, support or just a chat, call the Macmillan Support Line free (Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm)
We're committed to providing support and information for our professionals. At Learn Zone you'll find toolkits, workshops, resources and other learning tools to help you get the best out of you and your team.
Overwhelmed by the information you’ve been given by your health professionals team? Use the Macmillan Organiser to help keep track of it all.
If you have any questions about Macmillan we would love to hear from you| .
You can also follow us| on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or YouTube.
© Macmillan Cancer Support 2013
what are these?|