Browser does not support script.
Skip to main content
Find the answers to your questions about End2End here.
UK End2End takes place from Saturday 31 August to Tuesday 10 September 2013 starting at Land's End and finishing at John O'Groats.
- 100+ miles per day - 8-9 hours in the saddle - 10 days!
- Fully inclusive event - you just need to cycle!
- Daily signed, marshalled route with embedded cycle guides.
- Professional event team supporting you all the way.
- Mixed accommodation - tented village camping, hotel and B&B.
- Specifically tailored cyclign menus - lunch & dinner.
- High energy morning and afternoon snack stops.
- Training plan, nutritional advice and pre-event support.
Entries for End2End are open now. Apply for your place at ukend2end.com|. During registration, choose to support Macmillan as your beneficial charity. Upon completing your registration, you will receive a fundraising pack and training guide from Macmillan.
There are two different options that you can choose upon registration:
- Registration fee: £299
- Minimum fundraising: £3,500
We will need to receive at least £1,680 of your fundraising at least 10 weeks before the event (21 June 2013) and the balance 4 weeks after the challenge (04 October 2013).
- Second payment: £700- Minimum fundraising: £1,800
Your second payment of £700 and at least £990 of your fundraising will be due 10 weeks before the event (21 June 2013) and the balance 4 weeks after the challenge (04 October 2013).
In both options 60% of your fundraising will be received as a donation to Macmillan.
UK End2End is a major fundraising event for Macmillan Cancer Support. Your support will go a huge way to help people affected by cancer, for example:
- Every £100 spent on the Macmillan Benefits Helpline helps people affected by cancer to claim £2,691 in benefits to which they are entitled.
- £184 could fund a Macmillan nurse for one day.
- £350 could pay for a much-needed convalescent break for someone with cancer and their carer.
- £769 could fund a Macmillan social worker for a working week.
- Around £60,000 could help fund a new small Macmillan information and support centre.
When you join Team Macmillan you will be supported throughout your entire event experience. In addition to our initial fundraising pack, we'll send you regular newsletters with tips to help you prepare for the big day. And if that isn't enough, we will give support at the start of the challenge and offer a well-deserved congratulations at the end.
This challenge requires a high level of fitness, the more time you get in the saddle and on the road the more you will enjoy the experience! We will support you with a full training guide.
The route will take place on roads so a road/racer style bike is best suited and will make the ride easier. Alternatively you could use a touring/hybrid with slick tyres.
If you are injured while training we recommend you contact your GP or a specialist sports injury clinic. They will be able to advise you if you are fit enough to take part. If you do need to withdraw you will need to notify the event organisers as soon as possible. Please let Team Macmillan know that you will not be taking part.
If you get injured during the challenge, you will be supported by roaming medics and an experienced event crew who will be on-hand to help you out if needed.
If you have any further questions that aren't answered here, then get in touch with the Macmillan biking team on 020 7840 7875 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|.
If you have any questions about Macmillan we would love to hear from you| .
You can also follow us| on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or YouTube.
© Macmillan Cancer Support 2013
what are these?|