5 March 2010
Premier players in football, fashion and food unite in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support. On April 13 2010, Manchester City football club and International goalkeeper Shay Given are launching Fashion Kicks 2010 in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
This year the successful, red-carpet event offers an exclusive performance by Westlife, a celebrity fashion show from Selfridges, a lavish dinner by top chefs Brian Turner and Paul Rankin, as well as a charity auction.
Nicky Byrne from Westlife, who joins the event ahead of the band’s forthcoming tour said:
'We are really pleased to be asked to be involved in this event once again. We can’t wait to join up with Shay and all the other players for what is set to be a fabulous evening.'
The fashion show will see Manchester City players themselves modelling Selfridges spring summer collections. Selfridges CEO, Paul Kelly states:
'Selfridges are delighted to collaborate on such an exciting and inspiring event, which sees some of the UK’s strongest talents working together for very important causes.'
Working with the Academy of Culinary Arts, Fashion Kicks will also host chefs Terry Laybourne, Paul Heathcote, Nigel Haworth, and Simon Rimmer to name but a few. Each chef will create a signature canapé in honour of the event, which will be served as part of a champagne reception followed by a mouth-watering feast.
The whole event will take place in two dedicated marquees in the Lancashire County Cricket Ground and be compéred by much-loved TV and radio presenter Neil Fox. All funds raised on the night will be distributed between three worthy causes: Macmillan Cancer Support; the ‘Adopt a School’ project and the Beechwood Centre for Cancer Care in Stockport.
Shay, who is a patron of Macmillan, commented:
'My wife Jane and I are proud to support Fashion Kicks once again. The night promises to be an entertainment extravaganza with all those involved kindly donating their time towards a very worthy cause.'
Manchester City chairman, Khaldoon Al Mubarak said:
' As Patron of such a worthy charity, Shay works tirelessly to raise not only funds, but also the profile of Macmillan Cancer Support. The Club is committed to seeing him succeed. I wish Shay, and all those who support Macmillan's work, the very best, for both the ‘Fashion Kicks’ night itself and for all of their other wonderful fundraising work.'
To find out more or to book tickets visit www.fashionkicks.org.uk .
For more information please contact Tori Brown at Admiral PR on 0191 222 0722, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Tickets cost £175 per person. The event has a maximum capacity of 800 people.
- All participants have kindly offered their services free of charge.
- Previous ‘Fashion Kicks’ events have raised a total of £590,000 for charity.
- Pre and post event interviews will be made available with Shay and Jane Given, a Selfridges representative, representatives from the Academy of Culinary Arts, Westlife and TV & radio presenter Neil Fox and will be agreed on a first come first served basis.
Information for media wishing to attend:
To confirm your position on the red-carpet:
- On the night photography and interviews will be available with Shay and Jane Given, a Selfridges representative, representatives from the Academy of Culinary Arts, Westlife and host Neil Fox and will be agreed on a first come first served basis. Please contact Tori Brown at Admiral PR to register your interest by March 19 th 2010.
To attend the event itself:
- For journalists/presenters and/or photographers/ camera crews interested in attending the event, free entry can be organised. Please contact Tori Brown at Admiral PR to register your interest by March 12 th 2010. Attendance will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- A media centre will be available to media attending the event.