Browser does not support script.
Skip to main content
Your contribution was critical to the success of the research, allowing us to gain insight into some of the key issues you face, and how you perceive many aspects of your relationship with Macmillan. With 1,275 responses (31%), and good representation across all roles, regions and nations, we feel that we now have a much better understanding of how we can best support you.
Some of the most encouraging results for Macmillan were those relating to your engagement with us as a whole:
- 90% of you are proud to be part of Macmillan
- 90% feel confident about referring patients to Macmillan's services
- 98% highly value Macmillan's resources
- 98% want to work to improve cancer services.
This is very positive; but the research also revealed there are areas Macmillan can improve on, which will enable you to work even more effectively and feel better supported and valued. We are concerned that, for example, only 56% said you feel valued by us and only 58% of you are satisfied with Macmillan’s support.
Professionals working in palliative care and those in post for many years are particularly dissatisfied. More specifically, you told us that we need to do more to help you develop and sustain your role and service; provide you with ongoing support through more face-to-face contact; and communicate Macmillan’s strategy and the critical contribution professionals make.
We are determined to respond to this helpful feedback as well as offering you opportunities to do more of what you said you are most interested in: contributing to best practice development, promoting Macmillan through your work, and influencing service and policy developments.
In response to the wealth of findings, we’ve developed a detailed threeyear plan to create a more effective relationship with Macmillan professionals. Over the next few years we will work to:
- help you improve your service, develop your role and manage your work challenges in the context of changing environments and cancer care
- provide you with more opportunities for personalised contact with Macmillan
- clearly communicate Macmillan’s strategy and the expectations we should have of each other
- improve access to learning and development resources and provide specific support to meet the needs of particular groups.
Our new professional engagement plan is something we’re very passionate about and committed to. We believe that by delivering gradual improvements to your experience of being a Macmillan professional over the next few years, we’ll be able to provide better support and outcomes for people affected by cancer.
More from the latest edition of Mac Voice|
Macmillan Learn Zone|
Macmillan Online Community|
Writing an article for Mac Voice?
Download top tips|
Tel 020 7091 2219
If you have any questions about Macmillan we would love to hear from you| .
You can also follow us| on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or YouTube.
© Macmillan Cancer Support 2013
what are these?|