Tuesday 12th June 2012
The financial guidance service recently piloted by Macmillan and supported by the Royal Bank of Scotland Group, is now available to everyone affected by cancer on freephone 0808 808 22 32.
The team of Macmillan financial guides provide free, independent guidance and information to help people affected by cancer make good financial decisions and manage their money better. They allow people to focus on what they feel is important during their cancer experience, by helping to reduce their money worries and financial concerns.
The team are available to help with:
- mortgage, pension and insurance options
- developing a financial plan from budgeting to estate planning
- explaining jargon and terminology
- managing day-to-day banking, such as savings and borrowing
- exploring the options people have when making important decisions, for example, taking early retirement on grounds of ill health or how to manage an insurance payment.
There are plans to incorporate the service into the Macmillan Support Line later this year. More information will be available in upcoming editions of Mac Voice.
If you know of anyone who would benefit from the financial guidance service, please ask them to call the freephone number or visit the financial guidance page of this website.